Founded in 2014, DailyRapFacts is an independent media and publishing company. DailyRapFacts is based in Atlanta, Georgia but we operate & have team members all around the world. Join our team!
We’re looking to bring an experienced staff writer who loves to write about hip-hop/rap news and what’s going on in the culture.
The ideal candidate is someone who can juggle multiple projects and pays attention to details
The Staff Writer will work closely with our editorial team and is responsible for conceptualizing, pitching, and writing timely music features. In addition, this role will research and write premium features, including trend pieces, profiles, Q&As, essays, narrative features, oral histories, and more.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Report and write Hip-Hop/Rap stories, including news briefs and bylined articles in coordination with editors
- Reach out to rappers for interviews and facts
- Collaborating with other team members to brainstorm pitches
- Establish yourself as a must-read reporter
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2+ years of writing experience
- Understanding of best SEO practices
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Self-motivated and able to learn fast
- Able to meet ambiguous deadlines
- Must have strong writing skills, ability to turn around assignments quickly, expertise in hip-hop and genres, aligned with DailyRapFacts tastes and tone
- Desirables: ability to identify rising talent, interest in diverse mediums (video, podcasts, etc)
- Referral bonus plan
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- Unlimited vacation days
- Half off everything on the DailyRapFacts Store
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, work references, and anything else relating to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Please include features, Essay/Q &A, Interviews, Long and Short form samples in your portfolio.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com