If you call yourself a Post Malone fan, here are 11 interesting facts (and some) you didn’t know about Austin Richard Post AkA Post Malone, Posty, or his alter ego Leon DeChino.
11. Post Malone was born on July 4th, in Syracuse, New York. Post Malone and his family moved to Grapevine, Texas when he was 9 years old. He dropped out of community college after 3 months and moved to Los Angeles to pursue his music career.
10. Although Post Malone’s last name is actually Post, Post Malone used an online rap name generator to create his stage name “Post Malone” when he was just 14 years old.
9. Post Malone owns a one of one Louis Vuitton fender telecaster. Bruno Mars wanted to buy the same one but Post Malone bought it first.
8. As a senior at Grapevine High School, Post Malone was in a metal band and was voted most likely to become famous.
7. Post Malone’s “Too Young” was dedicated to A$AP Yams. He recorded the song shortly after Yams passed away as an Ode to him. Rest in Peace A$AP Yams.
6. Post Malone’s father introduced him to other musical genres and gifted him with his first rap CD “Lean Back”. Post Malone’s first mixtape was called “Young and After them Riches”.
5. Post Malone learned to play guitar by playing Guitar Hero, in 2010 he auditioned for a band called “Crown the Empire” but was rejected after his guitar strings broke during the audition.
4. Post Malone credits Bob Dylan as one of his biggest musical inspirations. He has a Bob Dylan portrait tattoo, along with John F. Kennedy, John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Elvis Presley, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and other inspirations. Post Malone’s first tattoo was the Playboy Bunny.
3. Post Malone will be making his acting debut in Mark Wahlberg’s movie ‘Wonderland’. The movie is releasing later in 2019.
2. Post Malone met Kanye West by performing at Kylie Jenner’s 18th birthday party which lead to their 2016 collaboration ‘Fade’ on Kanye’s album ‘The Life of Pablo’.
1. Post Malone’s first and only job was for a restaurant called Chicken Express. Malone saved up $800 from that job and blew it all on a pair of Versace loafers.