The wait is over for Big Sean
September 5, 2012, was the release of Big Sean‘s beloved Detroit mixtape. 8 years leaves room for a lot of progression, regression and overall human experiences to occur. “I was fucked up,” Sean said on his Instagram live, as he previewed music from his Detroit 2 album.
Sean’s album is deeper than the lyrics and instrumentals on the album. He’s rapping with “intention” and putting his lessons all throughout the music. He strikes the balance perfect with dropping knowledge but also having fun in his music; he’s always had this advantage.
The album is without a lot of music that just didn’t make the album. The album has 21 songs, total, and there are still tracks that Sean says he will drop at a later time. One of his most recent drops, “Bezerk” with A$AP Ferg, didn’t make the cut. It had nothing to do with quality, but more to do with giving the listener a fresher body of work. “Single Again” is another one that is not on the album.
The album is filled with 21 tracks and Sean is rapping solo on 5 of them. It’s been a long journey to get to this point, and it’s beyond the music. However, the journey that Sean has been enduring and embracing, is filled in the music.
Check out Big Sean’s Detroit 2 album below:
01. Why Would I Stop?
02. Lucky Me
03. Deep Reverence ft. Nipsey Hussle
04. Wolves ft. Post Malone
05. Body Language ft. Ty Dolla $ign & Jhene Aiko
06. Story by Dave Chappelle
07. Harder Than My Demons
08. Everything That’s Missing ft. Dwele
10. Guard Your Heart ft. Anderson .Paak, Earlly Mac, Wale
11. Respect It ft. Young Thug & Hit-Boy
12. Lithuania ft. Travis Scott
13. Full Circle ft. Key Wane & Diddy
14. Time In ft. TWENTY88
15. Story by Erykah Badu
17. The Baddest
18. Don Life ft. Lil Wayne
19. Friday Night Cypher ft. Tee Grizzley, Kash Doll, Cash Kidd, Payroll, 42 Dugg, Boldy James, Drego, Sada Baby, Royce Da 5’9” & Eminem
20. Story by Stevie Wonder
21. Still I Rise ft. Dom Kennedy