Chance the Rapper released his mixtape ‘Acid Rap’ on April 30, 2013. The mixtape paved the way for a lot of Chicago hip-hop artists who wasn’t making drill music. Chance The Rapper has dubbed his second mixtape ‘Acid Rap’ as “the best album of all time”. Here are 5 facts about Acid Rap.
5. Saba rewrote his Everybody’s Something verse like three or four times before sending it to Chance the Rapper. Fellow Chicagoan rapper Saba, revealed this in an interview with Heart Of The City though neither Saba or BJ the Chicago Kid were featured in the music video version.
4. Chance the Rapper’s “Cocoa Butter Kisses” was originally titled “Babies and Gunshots: Fuck Hawaii Pt. 2.”
3. Chance The Rapper made “Cocoa Butter Kisses” on mushrooms.
2. It took Chance The Rapper 7 months to finish “Good Ass Intro”
1. The cover art for Acid Rap was based on a real picture taken at South by Southwest (SXSW). The original image featured Chance the Rapper and a fan.
Bonus fact: Barack Obama added the project’s song “Acid Rain” to his summer 2016 playlist. On August 11th, 2016, then-President Barack Obama included this song into his 2016 Summer Playlist.
Bonus fact: The music video for “Smoke Again” was released two days before Acid Rap dropped and the video didn’t include Chance the Rapper’s second verse.