Common is no stranger to sharing his truth through the mic. He bares it all on his 12th studio album, and he’s not afraid to get personal.
The Chicago rapper was inspired to create his album by his own memoir, Let Love Have the Last Word, but you won’t need to read his book to connect with the music. In a recent interview with Apple Music, he explains the meaning behind the album title. “When I say ‘Let Love’, I’m saying put love into practice. Allow love to be the law that we abide by.”
The album is jammed packed with features including Swizz Beatz, Jill Scott, Daniel Caesar, BJ The Chicago Kid, and more. Check out the album track list and the visual for Common’s new single, “Hercules” feat. Swizz Beatz, below.
1. Good Morning Love f. Samora Pinderhughes
2. HER Love f. Daniel Caesar
3. Dwele’s Interlude
4. Hercules f. Swizz Beatz
5. Fifth Story f. Leikeli47
6. Forever Your Love f. BJ The Chicago Kid
7. Leaders (Crib Love) f. A-Trak
8. Memories of Home f. BJ The Chicago Kid & Samora Pinderhughes
9. Show Me That You Love f. Jill Scott & Samora Pinderhughes
10. My Fancy Free Future Love
11. God Is Love f. Leon Bridges & Jonathan McReynolds